Governance at QKS
Chair of Governing Body: Mr Paul Forshaw
Get in touch with us
Contact: Chair of the Governors, c/o The Queen Katherine School, Appleby Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 6PJ
Clerk: Barry Heslop MATClerk@qksmat.org.uk
We are fortunate to have a dedicated governing body with a diverse range of skills and experience who give up their time to support QKS.
Governors work closely with the school as critical friends and strategic partners.
Governing bodies have 3 strategic roles:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
Governors carry out their responsibilities in a number of ways including visits during the school day, working closely with the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and staff, and attending governor meetings. Our governors are determined to support the staff of QKS in providing academic excellence, opportunity for everyone and a safe learning environment for all students to achieve their potential and be proud to belong to QKS.
Governors look forward to meeting parents at school events such as information evenings, productions, sports fixtures and other events.
- Attendance at LGB meetings 2019 to 2020
- Attendance at LGB meetings 2020 2021
- Governors Calendar of Meetings 2022
- Master Funding Agreement
- MAT Articles of Association
- MAT Declaration of Business Interests Register 2021
- Memorandum of Association
- QKS LGB Membership and Link depts Jan 2022